How to make the best salad always
Here is the easiest and most delicious way of making a foolproof salad every time.
You can use this recipe with just about any ingredients you like to chuck into your salads – so go wild!
This is just the base for your salad, so see this as your your foundation and whatever you put into the salad as the building blocks.
The below recipe is for a salad for 2-3 people. If you’re making a massive family salad increase the quantities and if it’s a salad for one then halve the below. Obvs.
Quick note: This salad is only suitable for making fresh. Do not make this salad and leave for an hour or two, serve it straight after you’ve made it. If you’re planning a dinner party prepare everything except the foundation and keep the ingredients separated or just make it as the last thing before serving the food. Saucy salad is fantastic, but soggy salad is not cool!
- 1 avocado – mashed
- 1-2 cloves garlic (depending on garlic preference) – finely chopped
- A generous glug or two of olive oil. I’m very heavy handed on the olive oil. For those who need exact measurements, I would say anywhere between 25-50ml is good depending on the salad’s size.
- 1 lemon – squeezed of all the lemony goodness
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salad stuff like leaves, fresh herbs, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, feta, chicken pieces, more avocado (is there ever too much?), pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and other salad worthy ingredients.
- Mash the avocado with a fork in the salad bowl and the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and the salt and pepper to the bowl. Blend until it’s a creamy green mess.
- Add your salad leaves and gently mix the avocado paste onto the leaves until it’s evenly spread.
- Add in any other ingredients and gently give it a small mix.
- Sprinkle the final touches like seeds, herbs, nuts, slices of avocado, or a something like chicken or bacon (or both) and serve.